Join a weekly discussion by Baker McKenzie regulatory and enforcement practitioners as we navigate this uncertain time and work together through the challenges ahead. We offer practical advice and real-time analysis of the changing landscape across the United States, Europe and Asia.
Recordings for the Week 1-8 sessions can be accessed in a previous post.
Week 10 — Sustainability Finance: The Current State of Play in the United States
Date: 11 June 2020 (Thursday), 11:30 AM EDT (NY)
Speakers: Peter Chan, Amy Greer, Jonathan Hoffman, Julian Hui, Jennifer Klass and Caitlin McErlane
Defining “ESG” and Sustainability
- Benefits of a regulatory classification vs. market-led approach
- How might the European taxonomy influence US firms’ approach to sustainability, and where do the UN Principles for Responsible Investment fit in?
The Evolving Disclosure Landscape
- Current reporting landscape and potential rulemaking in the US
- US vs. EU regulatory approach and what corporate issuers and asset managers need to know about the TCFD and the Disclosure Regulation
Potential Enforcement and Examination Exposure
- Greenwashing risk
- Due diligence and sales practices
Week 9 — Regulators Begin Active Response to COVID-19
Date: 28 May 2020 (Thursday), 11:30 AM EDT (NY)
Speakers: Peter Chan, Amy Greer, Jennifer Klass and Jeffrey Sturgeon
US Securities & Exchange Commission’s Cross-Divisional Market Monitoring Group
- What is the purpose?
- What can we expect?
SEC Division of Enforcement’s COVID-19 Steering Committee
- Who is participating?
- What are they looking for?
- What types of enforcement actions can we anticipate?
Increased Whistleblower Activity
- Why has the SEC seen such a significant jump?
- How can you act to protect your firm?