Join a weekly discussion by Baker McKenzie regulatory and enforcement practitioners as we navigate this uncertain time and work together through the challenges ahead. We offer practical advice and real-time analysis of the changing landscape across the United States, Europe and Asia.
Recordings for the first four sessions are available. Previous sessions covered critical issues, business continuity initiatives, and considerations around remote working environments.
Week 8 — Regulatory Updates with our Colleagues in Asia
Date: 14 May 2020 (Thursday), 9:30 AM EDT (NY)
Speakers: Jennifer Connors, Karl Egbert, Amy Greer, Stephanie Magnus, Karen Man and Mark Simpson
- Updates on COVID-19 issues from Asia (Impacts on Financial Institutions and Key Regulatory Issues)
- Recent developments related to digital assets
- Regulatory actions concerning payment systems, private banking and family offices
Week 7 — Trading Through a Crisis
Date: 07 May 2020 (Thursday) , 11:30 AM EDT (NY)
Speakers: Jennifer Connors, Karl Egbert, Mark Fitterman, Amy Greer, Caitlin McErlane and Mark Simpson
Managing issues related to extreme trading volume
- Increased potential for trade errors and on-line systems disruption
- Increased potential for fraud
Managing current trading volatility
- Regulatory evaluation of exchange circuit breakers
- Impact of volatility on pricing and valuation
Regulatory frameworks and relief
- General implementation of controls or grants of regulatory relief
- Trading suspensions and trading halts
- Short sale limits
Week 6 — The Reopening Playbook – Featuring partners from our Employment & Compensation practice
Speakers: Michael Brewer, William Dugan, Susan Eandi, Emily Paige Harbison and Robin Samuel
This webinar recording covers government orders, creating a timeline, workplace safety and prevention strategies, testing and health screening, labor agreements, workforce communication, managing employee concerns, and litigation mitigation.
Week 5 — Disclosure in the Time of COVID-19
Date: 23 April 2020 (Thursday), 11:30 AM EDT (NY)
Speakers: Peter Chan, Amy Greer, Jennifer Klass, Caitlin McErlane, Nick O’Donnell, Mark Simpson and Jerome Tomas
- Guidance and warnings from financial regulators on disclosure regarding impact of COVID-19
- Enforcement risks and considerations for public companies and asset managers regarding COVID-19 disclosure and insider trading
- Best practices to mitigate enforcement risks of “hindsight” scrutiny by financial regulators on COVID-19 disclosure after the crisis
Keep checking this post to view the schedule and registration links for future sessions.